Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thirty and Thankful

So, with my birthday being the second day of December, it generally falls near Thanksgiving. And with Thanksgiving being later this year, only five days separated the two events. And I think it has made me realize how truly blessed and thankful I am. While I am entering into another decade, I can no longer say I am in my twenties, but can now say that I am "thirty-something". And if they bring that show back from the early nineties, I would be happy to be a part of it.

It has actually been exciting, and I had such a wonderful birthday...mainly because of my husband, Wes. I love that man more and more each day and am so thankful to have him in my life. He made thirty a bigger deal than I did and planned two parties for me...one for family and one for a few close friends. He and Colt made me a hand painted picture frame by my one and only frequently mentioned "Picasso". Look for Colt Henry's masterpieces in the Louvre one day.

So, as I venture into my thirties, I simply feel blessed. Blessed to have been raised under the truth that we have a Heavenly Father who loves us unconditionally and will carry us through anything life throws in our path. Blessed to have such an amazing husband who I can wake up to every morning and know I am loved. Blessed to have a little boy who teaches me daily what is important in life and always puts a smile on my face no matter how I am feeling.

Blessed to have such a wonderful family who supports me and is there for me no matter what.

I think Colt was saying "Mom, you might be 30, but I am 1." Yeah, that is what he was saying, ha ha!
I love this picture of Macey and I.

And blessed to have such wonderful girlfriends in my life who encourage me, listen to me, and are just there period...to laugh, cry, vent, and just be girls!

I am blessed to have each and every one of you in my life. I am so thankful for my family and friends who have all touched me in a special way and helped me on my journey to where I am today. So, I am thirty and thankful...and I think that the best is yet to come!

1 comment:

Julie Tiemann said...

Happy Birthday, Maggie!!!!!!!! You ARE blessed, and you're a blessing!

Is that your Christmas card as your masthead? Way cool! I really need to change up my blog... I think I use up all my creativity at work!