Sunday, December 7, 2008

Clean Sweep with Katie

Okay, so this post is a little out of order, but this is not the first time I have had to play "catch up" on my blog...and I am sure that it will not be the last. Now this post is going to reveal a side of me that most people don't know about...I am a closet junkie. Not the closet junkie that eats a lot of candy when noone is looking, but literally my closets are junkie (am I spelling that right or is it junky). Anyways, my house usually is "picked up", except tonight, but don't step foot in my closets or an injury is likely to happen.

So, a couple of weeks ago, I called my dear, sweet, organized friend, Katie. And man did she come to the rescue...and man did she mean business! Have you seen the show "Clean Sweep" on TLC. Well, it came to me in the form of Katie...we had a bag for trash, a basket to keep, and a basket to give away.

After four hours of cleaning two closets(I know, she is a great friend)...this was the result. Here is a before and after of one closet.

And the after of another closet...I did not take a before of this one because it was too embarrassing. Well, it was embarrassing, but I did not think about the before and after pictures until this closet was already done.
Wow, can you believe it? It really was a very freeing feeling after I knew that everything had a place...some in the closet and some in the trash. So, it is tough to reveal the messy side of Maggie, but I am doing it in hopes that I will inspire someone else to clean out the messies (again, not a word, but oh well) and to thank Katie for all of her amazing advice and help!

Thank you Katie!
Oh, and she gave me homework on some of my closets upstairs, so maybe this will be a "to be continued"...

2 comments:

Julie Tiemann said...

What a great friend!!! It looks fabulous!

Have you ever seen the Friends episode when Chandler discovers Monica's junk closet? Hilarious.

HP said...

If Monica has a junk closet, does that mean Katie has one too?!? Highly unlikely.

Looks great, Mag! I'm so proud.