Thursday, November 6, 2008

Big Shoes

So, now that the election is over, I can at least be thankful that I will not be receiving and sending as many forwards about the candidates (oh, and I was guilty of forwarding on). This election was different for me...not only was it important because of the state of our nation currently, but also because it is the nation that Colt is growing up in. And this election is going to contribute to the state of our nation when Colt is able to fit in these big shoes...


I will be honest...it makes me a little nervous. But, I have to agree with Heather when she says that while she has uncertainty, she also has hope..."Hope in something much bigger than even the most powerful leader in the free world." And while I could choose to worry for the next four years, I have decided that I am going to hope for the next four years. And while I want so badly to put a bumper sticker on my car that says "Is it 2012 yet?", I have decided that I am going to stay informed and support this great nation and the leader that has been chosen. And while I really don't have much control over the decisions that are made for this country, I am blessed that I have a husband that will commit with me to make the best decisions for our family. After all, God is ultimately in control, and if I can keep my focus there instead of the worries of the world...I can rest!

2 comments:

HP said...

Val gave me a great verse this morning - Romans 13:1 "Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God." I like it. I actually like that entire chapter. Um, could the sleepyhead version of Colt Henry be any cuter? I seriously think not!

Suzanna said...

Great perspective! I felt some anxiety that first night for the same exact reasons. I feel like I have more at stake now...but, like you said, God is so much bigger than that!