So, I took him to "Halfpint Haircuts" and told the lady three things...
1. I don't want it to look like that he has had a haircut.
2. I am not ready to let go of the curls yet.
3. Just trim his bangs so it is not hanging in his eyes and maybe a little over his ears.
Well, it is hard to tell exactly what they are doing when the hair is wet, but I started getting a little nervous at just how many cuts she was making. I think that she was on Mars when I made the above three statements because it definitely turned out to be a CUT rather than a TRIM.
1. It is hair...it will grow back and the curls may bounce back a little after washing it.
2. He got to watch Elmo during his haircut, so that was fun!
3. He may enjoy the view of the world without looking through strands of hair (but that may only last a couple of months, because it might be a year before I cut his hair again).
And most importantly...he is still the most handsome 18 month old in the world!



3 comments:
What did you say when she was done??
How funny--it reminds me of the time you did something drastic to your hair (I think you cut it short and colored it or something? I'm sure HP would remember every single detail) and had to go to another person because your normal guy refused to do it. And you had an entarage (sp?) that went for support.
His curls were sweet, but his big boy cut is pretty stinking cute. You are right, I'm sure they will grow right back.
I think his hair is just as beautiful as ever, but seeing as how I've cried over many a haircut myself, I understand. :) I'll never forget coloring my hair at home once and leaving it on WAY too long. It ended up WHITE. I'm not talking blonde. WHITE. It was like midnight on a Friday night. I cried myself to sleep, then at 9 am on Saturday started calling every salon known to man to see who could work me in for a color fix. One woman took pity on me because I was crying. She ended up being my stylist for years. Geez, women and hair. :)
Suzanna, you are right...I made that appointment so that my sister and mom could come. I guess I am a little crazy about my hair and Colt's too. Anyways, at least it as not a bad haircut, and everyone else seems to love it. I like it too...I think it was that shock factor that it was shorter than I wanted.
Post a Comment