Sunday, October 12, 2008

Another Picasso Moment

We decided to make our dining room into a play room, and it was the best move ever! Colt so enjoys it, and it definitely helps keep the toys confined to their designated area. But, I did not know what to do on the walls since I was going to keep them the same color. So, instead of buying something...I now have priceless pieces of artwork!

Before I show you the finished product, this is how it started...

And he attempted to try to paint like this...

Then "Pappy" came in handy...

He began to get a little tired...

Which resulted in this...

Mom, how many more do I have to do?

Almost done...

And the final product...drum roll please...

A Colt Henry original...a true masterpiece! And you can tell by the third one, we had had enough, and nap time was quickly approaching. But, I do love things that tell a story!

6 comments:

Julie Tiemann said...

You are a GENIUS. Seriously, those look amazing! I never would have thought of that!

HP said...

Oh my gosh...they look great! I love them. I've got some wall that need decorating...

Suzanna said...

What an awesome idea! How did you mount them? I have a dining room turned playroom that we will repaint and decorate at some point. As soon as Caroline is big enough to paint, I think I might use your idea!

Maggie said...

Suzanna, please use the idea...it turned out so much better than I thought it would. I just used 16x20 canvas from Michaels, and they are just nailed on the wall.

Anonymous said...

You are such an OT at heart!

Anonymous said...

you have inspired me to put and end to the edible pudding art and get out the REAL paint!!!! i've got canvas waiting already!!!