Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
For Colt's birthday, I made ice cream cone cupcakes to take to his sitter's for the kids to enjoy. Thanks to Sis for the great idea, these were a hit!
So, here is what you do...
1. Use a cake mix and fill cake ice cream cones about 2/3 full, just about to the rim where the cone gets larger. If you fill them too full, they will look like melted ice cream cone cupcakes. Bake them as directed on the box for cupcakes. I stand them in a muffin tin to bake.
2. Let them cool and ice them with whatever kind of icing you want.
3. Add sprinkles and a cherry sour on top and wa-la, you have a great easy-to-eat, cute treat.
4. Get Boppoo to make you a great cupcake cone holder, and the trip in the car will be completely stress free! Whereas last year, they rolled all over the box, and I thought I was going to get in a wreck to save cupcakes. Thank you Tony!
3 comments:
Okay, that is the cutest idea ever! I'm definitely using that down the road!
That is cute. I'm def using that idea as well. Maybe when Ava turns 1 this year.
I LOVE THESE! Our neighbor made these all the time when we were little! I have thought about them from time to time and am glad to have the recipe now! And Twittered it.
Talk to you soon.
Corrie
Post a Comment