Sunday, April 5, 2009

How He Loves

I know, it has been forever since I have blogged...so sorry! I am not one who gets too deep in these things, but I heard a song in church this morning that brought tears to my eyes...How He Loves...listen to it here.

Okay, what doesn't bring tears to my eyes, but I really needed to hear this this morning. I think sometimes I don't allow God's love to completely cover me, I guess I don't feel worthy or deserving of His unending love. But, it is times like these...tough times...when I crave His love, His comfort, His peace, and His security. And, I love the line that says, "if His grace is an ocean, then we're all sinking". I think that sometimes stubborn me tries to stay afloat so that I can be in control when I really just need to sink in His grace!

So, this gets me back to my original blog title I thought of..."What we've been up to". And when I started looking at the pictures, the friends, the family, the blessings of the last few months...I am reminded, no matter how tough the times, oh how He loves us! And oh how we're blessed!

So, in a brief review, this is what we've been up to...

Enjoying what little snow would stick to the ground during the brief flurry at the first of the year.
Took a wonderful cruise to Mexico with Wes and other co-workers from his company in February.
Seeing wonderful friends for special occasions...
Carrie for her baby shower to celebrate Baby Cohen's arrival in May.
And Heather for her 30th birthday.
Watching Colt grow and enjoy some of his favorite things...stickers and climbing
Painting (of course)
Brushing a pig (he was asleep, but I was really afraid we were going to wake him up...it wasn't gentle brushing)
Reading with Nonny and Uncle Kyle
And welcoming the arrival of my niece, Scarlette Grace (here with her sweet big brother Jude)
Colt loving on his new baby cousin
And, I saved the best news for last...WE'RE PREGNANT! Colt is going to be such a great big brother (see picture above)! We are so excited, and of course I could not figure out how to scan the ultrasound picture since my husband is snoozing. But, I am 14 weeks and the baby is due October 1.

So, all these things continue to remind me...no matter how tough it seems, His love, His blessings...amazing and overwhelming!

5 comments:

Julie Tiemann said...

Once again, congratulations!!!

Colt is going to be a great big brother. He's quite possibly the most loving kid I know. After all, I think he gave Amelia her first kiss!

Kate said...

Congrats Maggie, Wes and Colt!!

Unknown said...

Congrats! That's such sweet news! Hope you are feeling great!

The Tooles said...

Wahoo! Congrats on getting ready to welcome another little one into the world=) Glad you were able to look back and see all the wonderful things that are happening in your life. You have a beautiful family and we wish you nothing but the best!

Erin Duvall said...

Congratulations Maggie. That is so exciting! So happy for you guys. I love the looking back pics of your family and friends. You are very blessed as we all are.