Thursday, August 16, 2012

First Day of School

So, I interrupt my usual catch-up to bring you something current!  Colt started school yesterday!!!  He is attending a half-day kindergarten program at Parkway Presbyterian Preschool and Kindergarten.  It is so crazy that my baby is in school five days a week.  So bitter sweet to watch him grow so fast!  We completed his first homework assignment as a family...he had to decorate a bear that reminded him of home...



Important night's sleep before his big day...


Not the best pic, but he had to talk to daddy before we left...


My big boy...


And his proud sister...


In car line and one excited boy ready for his day!



As a mom, I want my babies to know they are loved and special, not just by Wes and I, but by Christ who created them so wonderfully!  And I feel so blessed to be chosen to be their mom!

This sweet face got out of the car ready to face the day.  It took mommy a little longer to recover...but thankfully I had sweet Marley to check on me.  We drove away and she said "you sad momma" and I replied "I am sis".  "I sad too momma", so we were pretty silent on the way to eat breakfast.  Once we got to the restaurant, I was getting her out of her car seat and she said, "we don't have bubbies (aka Colt) at the Biscuit Barn".  So, then the tears again began to flow, but we decided that some biscuits and bacon may help.   She asked about him several times, but we had a good morning together.

When I picked him up, he said "my day was awesome"!  Those were exactly the words I needed to hear.  Another step taken in this journey of motherhood!

No comments: